Whether you’re a fan of Japanese tattoo designs or not, we must admit that this tattoo style represents a great challenge for every tattoo artist.
The Japanese culture offers a huge variety of tattoo designs making them one of the most sought after tattoo styles in the world.
Analyzing the rich composition of the Japanese tattoo designs, the use of contrasting colors, the precise line work and the body placement, we’ve come up with a compelling guide about the best Japanese tattoo artists to follow on Instagram.
One of the most common issues with large scale Japanese tattoos is the incoherence of the entire design, as a consequence of crowding multiple elements into one piece.
Therefore, when selecting the best Japanese style tattoo artists to follow on Instagram, we took in consideration the readability of the composition, the way the design interacts with the human body anatomy and the clean outlines.
Studying the work of more than 200 Japanese style tattoo artists, we hope that this article will help you choose wisely the artist of your next Japanese tattoo.
- Johan Svahn, Malmo, Sweden
- Vu Ngoc Tan, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
- Emanuele Sircana, Milano, Italy
- Ryan Ussher, Sydney, AUS
- Claudia De Sabe, London, UK
- SHIGE, Yokohama, Japan
- Hori Kashi
- Joe Spaven, Tokyo
- ZiYou TATTOO, Beijing, China
- Dan Grimm
- HORITSUKI – Tokyo, JP
- Hori Jo – South Korea
- Makoto Horimatsu – Japan
- Katsu – Netherlands
- Garth B. Neale – Sydney, AUS
- Henning Jørgensen – Denmark
- Fran Massino – Baltimore, MD, USA
- Stu Pagdin – Adelaide, AUS
- Hori Yo – Taiwan
- Caio Piñeiro – London, UK
- Alix Ge – France, EU
- Horitaka – Kyoto, Japan
- Anton Senkou – Poland, EU
- Calle Corson – Stockholm, Sweden
- Brian Kaneko – California, US
- Jehoo – South Korea
- Horitomo – San Jose, California
- Sean Perkinson – Oakland, California
- Moe Ness – Hamburg, Germany
- Roly – Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Artur – Las Palmas De Gran Canaria, Spain
- Bonel – Barcelona, Spain
- Nguyễn Trung Kiên – Hanoi, Vietnam
- Tom Tom – Auckland, New Zealand
- Hugo HAB – Buenos Aires, Argentina
Ryan Ussher – Hannya Mask Tattoo
Hori Kashi – Irezumi Tattoo
Artur – Lotus Tattoo
Nguyễn Trung Kiên – Japanese Rooster Tattoo